I will be going outside to check on temperature and mason bee activity
No rain so that makes moving around outside better for man and bee
The temperature today at noon is 54 degrees F.
No bee activity.
I noticed one of the tubes is close to being filled up. Probably, only a day or two
until it is filled.
I went out to inspect the bee condos. I was surprised to find two bees peaking
their heads out of their nest holes. They looked like there was some "thinking"
going on. Typically, mason bees seem to try to escape the area if I am within 3 feet
of the condo.
I have a couple videos. In fact, I'm letting the computer download the videos
right now. Still processing.
I have been watching Dale Robertson's old western movies. I read somewhere that he could tell if a rider really knew about horses just by watching him around the horse. I notice that when Robertson mounts a horse, he first grabs the horn and basically hopes up and his
foot somehow knows exactly how to hit the stirrup. The way he does it, looks like he is very comfortable at horseriding.
Maybe I ought to write a poem today.
I'm thinking about that.
Look on the right side of the video. You can see one tube is completely filled with clay. Then just to the left and slightly down, you can see a mason bee poking her head out of a tube. But be patient, you will see her fly away.
in my bee condo. I noticed that the one bamboo tube which has filled turns out
to have a straw sized hole and the walls of the bamboo are quit thick.
No comments:
Post a Comment