A new video has been posted on youtube "wonderful bees"
Condo-2 is extremely active. Bees coming and going every minute or so.
I observed 4 or 5 bees either entering or exiting tubes simultaneously. I was amazed.
I spent about 20 minutes watching the comings and goings of the bees. I noticed a mix
of behaviors. One behavior was a bee entering a tube and then quickly leaving. Sometimes they go in and leave me waiting ... they don't seem to exit. Lastly, the go in
and spend about 1 minute. One problem is I can't tell one bee from another and I can't
remember which tube is which.
An observance which surprised me was this: the bees are only choosing the bamboo tubes. That makes no sense.
I did not see one bee entering or leaving the routed out tubes. I thought the routed out wood would be the best because the size seemed exactly correct. But as I watched bees choosing holes, they did not pick the same size tube. Sometimes bees like extremely small and sometimes big and everything in between.
I observed Condo-1 and to my surprise, there was no activity. The tubes I purchased were broken at the end on only 2 of the 4 tubes. Maybe it is the location?
The condo-1 is located on the SW corner of the house facing south. Something is wrong. I rolled all the tubes in condo-1. Each tube is made of white paper liner and a cardboard outer shell. Disappointing because I spent a lot of time rolling those tubes.
I have a pot of wet clay near the SW corner of my house. I no bee activity on the clay. Maybe they have discovered their own source?
Weather was quite warm in the 70s. No rain. Few clouds. Some wind gusts.
I noticed bee activity near the condo-2 seemed to increase with the presence of wind gusts.
What is a mason bee in other languages
mason bee English
abeille maçon French
Maurer Biene German
пчела масон Russian
ong thợ Vietnamese
beach beach Irish
梅森蜜蜂 Chinese
梅森蜜蜂 Chinese
Méisēn mìfēng Chinese simplified
No comments:
Post a Comment