NEWS
I saw an insect up on the wall where condo-1 is located.
The insect was so far away that I could not be 100% certain
but I think it was a mason bee.
I think it was a female because of its size (a bit on the large size).
It has been in 60 F so I think this may be the beginning
Night time temperatures are around 40 degrees F at night
and around 55 to 60 during day time.
These are good temperatures for mason bees.
So far I have seen only a few small wasps and one mason bee.
The mason bee I saw was certainly from my bees saved from
October 2019 because he was in the bag.
I look forward to finding mason bees any day now. I will check around the
bee condos every day.
I have a dozen medium sized blueberry bushes of various varieties.
In all my bushes there are only about 7 flowers are in bloom.
The bees may know the flowers are not in bloom and the bees may
be waiting for the flowers.
I do have many other flowers: bleariana plum, daffodils (dozens), crocus, winter daphne,
HYACINTHS AND GRAPE HYACINTHS.
So there are plenty of flowers. Just no bees.
This is a terrible situation, older people are stuck at home. A virus lurks in the
bodies of any number of people walking around loose. I cant imagine
when the world will get back to pre 2020 times.
No comments:
Post a Comment