Wednesday, March 18, 2020

March 18, 2020 Day after St Patricks day NO BEES NO BEES

Going outside to check on the mason bees (MB)

I will snap a photo if I see one
Stay tuned  1:51 pm
I spent about a half hour looking for mason bees. No activity at all.
This is real disappointing.
a
I  about 30 cocoons from last fall. Yet it only appears that one emerged.
Today it got up to 60 F degrees.
I saw few small wasps but nothing else. No bumble bees, no honey bees and
worst of all no mason bees.
              seems warm enough, BTW, you may wonder why I put  hardware cloth over the thermometer,  The reason 
          is racoons are very active in this area,  they think it is necessary to knock it                              down,  so I protect the device 
watched for activity for 20 minutes, alas, NOTHING


great x?? grandfather


No comments:

Post a Comment