Monday, May 13, 2019

May 13

I would like to identify this bee. Obviously, it is a bumble bee, but what is the species?
The above photo from condo2 shows bamboo tubes on the right side of the condo are loaded with complete mason bee nests.  Notice the white paper straws.  No bee of any kind showed the straws were useful.
lk
 photo of condo #1, showing my hand made paper tubes. The bees looked over my work and decided my amateur craft was worthless.   Not a single bee thought these tubes were worth using as cocoon depository locations. NOT ONE
There continue to be some mason bee activity, however, nearly all the tubes are filled
and I only saw one bee flying around the bee condo #2.

I broke up some of my recently acquired tillandsias and "planted" the sprigs on my
north fence. We will see if it increases in size over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment