Sunday, May 12, 2019

May 12 A video viewing the Condo #2 and then condo #1



I checked by bee houses.
Bee condo #1 was a total failure, not a single filled tube.
Condo #2   Had two types of cocoon tubes. The routed wood contained
nothing.  But the bamboo tubes contained about 80% of the tubes totally
filled.
According to some websites, I will need to wait until October to extract the
cocoons from the tubes.  So, I will wait.
I am not sure of the best place to keep the tubes until October.  I think I will
package them up in a cardboard box and tuck them away in a closet.

I plan to make paper tubes for next year.  I need to buy some dowels of various
sizes.  According to several websites, I will need to use parchment paper.  The failed
tubes are made out of computer printer paper. I don't know why but it sure did
fail. 
condo 2  left and middle areas
view of the routed wood block(notice   not a single bee chose to nest here)

No comments:

Post a Comment