I'm naming this boy Fred,
he was on the wall (south) about two feet below the mason bee dwelling.(sure hope he is a mason bee)
Why did I name the first mason bee of the year Fred? Firstly, he is small and secondly, he is definitely one of the very first bees of the year. Both of those hints tell us he is a male and the males emerge first
But why Fred? No reason.... but he has to have a name.😁😁
Please notice the plastic covers on my Mason bee houses. This keeps the rain
off and ensures the tubes remain dry. I use (Costco)plastic apple packaging.
I will go to see the bee tubes in a few minutes. I saw no new breaks in tube
ends. However, I think the small critters may be male mason bees. The males
always emerge first and they are supposed to be quite small.
The temperature at 1:30 pm 48 F
Not likely to see much activity until March 10, but you never know.
IF ANYONE CAN IDENTIFY THE LITTLE CRITTER AS BEING A MASON BEE OR NOT, PLEASE COMMENT.
No comments:
Post a Comment