Monday, March 4, 2019

List: mason bee topics March 4


March 4 List of mason bee topics
  1. mason bee house    First on I bought in Wichita, Ks. It was not too well designed because I had to rip out the bamboo to have a place for cocoon tubes.  The second house I bought at Costco.  It is better because it has a set of removable holes.
  2. mason bee cocoons  So far I have 8 tubes.
  3. mason bee favorite flowers I have read that blueberries are a favorite of mason bees.  I have some early flowering fruit trees. I hope the timing coordinates with the bees.
  4. mason bee first emergence So far, it looks like March 2 or 3. Certainly the 4th
  5. mason bee hibernation so the females probably emerge (est) March 20.. then they are active for 6 weeks...so their activity will end May 1.  They will be in hibernation until March 20.  And the cycle starts all over again
  6. mason bee population
  7. mason bee sources
  8. mason bee types
  9. mason bee species
  10. mason bee ranges
  11. mason bee habits
  12. mason bee temperature sensitivity
Bonsai tree tests
San Jose Juniper
pyracantha
boxwood (2 species)
cedar
winter daphne




No comments:

Post a Comment