======
We will see what happens as we move along the calendar to March 10.
I took a variety of cuttings today. In most cases, I dipped them in hormone
power. According to some blogs, this is a good time of year to take cuttings.
This being March 2, 2019, we will see if the cuttings root by the end of May.
I was reviewing temperature highs for this area. March 1st did reach 50º F for the
first time in 2019. Of course, one day achieving 50º F will probably not cause
our heroic mason bees to emerge. So when will the day time achieve 50º F consistently?
The weather people say it will start on March 10. So the question is, how many days after 50F is achieved will our bees emerge? Good question.
On March 31, 60 is achieved.
I am checking my bees every day. March 1 was 51ºº F. March 2 was 48º F.
We will see what the actual high turns out to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment