Several mason bees hovered around condo #1. Condo #2 continues to be avoided,
One large (obvious female mason bee hung on a west facing wall.
I have seen two cases where bees are leaving tubes. But I have yet to see any finished
tubes.
The photo which we see here shows how she does not look like a fly. Notice her
wings are held straight back while she is at rest. Her color is basically black with some
fancy iridescents, She is not anywhere near the first bee this year. I am going to name
her Carol in honor of my sister.
Some people say that a mason bee resembles a house fly. Not really. A house fly at rest hold its wings so that the animal
almost looks like a triangle. A mason be folds its wings straight back so it does not look like a triangle.
Mason bees fly fast and dart in random directions. By the way, small wolf spiders hang around the condo and look for an opportunity
to jump on a bee. Take a fly swatter and get rid of the monsters.


No comments:
Post a Comment