I have read that the bees work from dawn to dark. That is why I see so many filled tubes by
the time I inspect the next day. I estimate I see one bee hit the condo about each 15 seconds.
Some of the tubes are short so hard to see. So the total number of tubes
the time I inspect the next day. I estimate I see one bee hit the condo about each 15 seconds.
Some of the tubes are short so hard to see. So the total number of tubes
filled may be a few more than I can actually observe. Typical activity today
is 3 or 4 bees at a time buzzing the condo. Condo#1 continues to appear
the busiest but number of filled tubes is the same for both dwellings. Males
are hanging around but I thing all mates have been found.
As you see, the mason bee does not stick around long. Since they have no stinger, they must defend themselves by speed and stealth.
| Tulips blooming, mason bees are welcome |
| Asian pear (20th Century) Mason bees are all over this puppy. |
| Rainier cherry in full bloom. Nice white cherry. Next to this tree is a bing cherry. The bing cherry has buds but no blossoms yet. |
| Top hat variety of blueberry in full bloom. Mason bees love this. |
No comments:
Post a Comment