Tuesday, April 14, 2020

April 14, 2020 Mason bees are😀 buzzing😀

Impressive how the bees are taking advantage of the routed-out wood trays. The more bees taking advantage of routed-out wood trays, the less work for me in October. All I need to do is open the tray and wash the little "buggers". Working on bamboo tubes is much more labor intensive.

The number of bees this year compared to last is fantastic.😀

::Midday  today:  no additional filled tubes but bees are quite active
                            I will check in late afternoon

Last year the bees avoided the routed wood tubes.  Here is an example of a female checking out her new apartment.  While I do not charge rent, I do take her first born,
second born, third born, heck, I take  them all !  Seriously though, she is one beautiful hymenoptera.
She is looking at a 7th floor unit. I have three pear trees in full bloom. I have noticed
many mason bees working on the pear trees. The pear trees are covered in flowers.



Check out the bee sitting on the bottom shelf.  I am trying to get good mason bee portraits.




No comments:

Post a Comment