Wednesday, May 29, 2019

May 29 some musings about counting and time

Warm today in Austin Texas
The weather people say occasional showers are due over the next few
days. The sky looks dark, so it is certainly likely.

Observing local flowers, I have seen no bees of any kind.  On the other hand,
people don't seem to plant a great many flowering plants.  The most common seems
to be the red yucca. It has a very narrow flower spike and the small red flowers
are currently blooming.


Today
I added a new time page and a page devoted to how Fred Flintstone figured out how to count.
I have seen methods which several primitive societies developed.  But the use of 12 and 60
are the two systems used by most of the western societies.

I think the idea of a base ten has little or nothing to do with Fred Flintstone type people.
See my pages for my point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment