Ok, I have been traveling. I visited Wichita Kansas and checked to see the vegetation in the area. Moved on to Austin Texas.
My daughter has an apartment in Austin and luckily she has access to the grounds with a nearly limitless source of Tillandsia recurvata. I will see if I can help her sell the stuff. Most people in the area view the plant as trash, so picking it up is no problem.
Some experts say the Austin area never has temperatures lower than freezing. Yet other experts say the temperatures do drop below freezing for a very few nights per year. Other experts say freezing temperatures will nearly instantly kill Tillandsia while other experts claim a short term freezing temperature will not kill the plant.
Hard to know which expert to believe.
I may set up a max/min thermometer to check the actual range. Then if I notice Tillandsia is killed or survived, we will have some real data.
No comments:
Post a Comment