Condos are made with light, thin pine wood. I line the back of the condo with paper-covered Styrofoam(1 large sheet at one dollar at Dollar store). This allows the tubes to be easily removed in October. Also I take pieces of the Styrofoam and remove the paper, then I use the bare Styrofoam to cover the roof to keep the tubes dry during rain.
I use two kinds of materials for tubes. Black bamboo needs to be cut and shaped to get the maximum number of bamboo tubes into the condo. A special set of cutters is needed to shape the bamboo. The other material is white paper.
The cocoon cache is made from 6 things.
1. Large plastic candy jar
2. pillow bag (like a white screen)
3. 1/4 inch hardware cloth
4. milk bottle carrier
5. aluminum pie pan
6. large heavy rock
No comments:
Post a Comment