Friday, March 13, 2020

MARCH 13 one more day until Pi day it is coming MARCH 14

Yes indeed just one more day until Pi day
Yes indeed just one more day until Pi day
No bees yet

3.14
March 14
Einsteins birthday
big deal

Mason bees love pi day,,, no note Pie day,  Pi day
I love my mason bees
My bee condos are ready for occupation
Not a bee in sight

3.1415926535 8979323846 2643383279 5028841971 6939937510 5820974944 5923078164 0628620899 8628034825 3421170679

I must have cut at least a dozen bamboo sticks.  Once cut , I need to
cut to the 4 to 5 inch length. Then if the stick is at a node, the node has
to be trimmed so they can be stacked.  I probably have one third of the tubes
made out of parchment paper.   Last year, the bees avoided the parchment
paper.  

It is not difficult to remove the bees from the bamboo. Just crack the tube at the front
and then break it open.  Dump the cocoons onto a large clean cloth.  The
the bees get a quick wash with a VERY dilute solution of  bleach in water.
I have to get all the yellow pollen off and make sure the cocoons look healthy.
I keep them in a box on the north side of my shed. That way they are shaded and
I cover the bag with quarter inch hardware cloth.




No comments:

Post a Comment