I will update the blog at about noon or so
At noontime, I noticed no new filled tubes.
I did have one bamboo tube which was filled last summer.
I kept it refrigerated until now. I put it out today.
I am worried that the humidity was not properly controlled but we will see if any bees emerge.
Last fall I did not take care to humidify the refrigerated cocoon tube. My mistake. Hopefully, it worked anyway.
================
3:00 pm
Condo-2 now has 12 filled nests. It appears that bees are utilizing all unfilled tubes so within a week or so I expect all the tubes to be filled. We have so many bees that when I stand in front of the condo-2 and watch the action, I typically see 3 bees entering tubes within a minute. Some of the tubes have been filled so far that I can frequently see the bee working in a tube (head in or head out).
As I said several days ago, one of the tubes on the left side is close to a half inch
in diameter. I observed a bee who is very busy on the half inch hole. Considering the total cubic volume, there should be a large number of cocoons when the bee is finished.
The condo-2 with the bamboo is by far the most active. Paper tubes have very little action. Routed out bee trays have very little action.
Finally, at 6pm There are 14 filled nests.
I wonder what the count will be at 6pm tomorrow?
Considering increases over the past few days,
the number ought to be 16 or 17 we will see
Today this blog exceeded 1,000 views for the first time.
Not a big deal (actually a very small deal)but it is a milestone.
No comments:
Post a Comment